Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 26, 2012

shopping with the girl


Being a girl

we were rummaging through the sale racks at the marc by marc jacobs pop up store in ion, orchard.  we = alex and i.  the girl is a pro, i tell ya.  she lifts up the dresses and bags, inspects them and promptly tosses them aside - except for a sequined lace number, which was quite intricate and she was intrigued. (there was a tug of war between her and me - we have similar taste).  a shopper (guy) (straight?) who was obviously amused, said "hello" to her and told me i was starting her early.  true.  she probably has a discount factor that is close to 1 (hello, fellow financial economist) and she has veto power because, hey... she gets to inherit everything i have.  almost.  big brother gets some too.

p.s.  what's with kate spade nowadays?  i used to think kate spade moms are the chicest...and 4 years ago, i was happily toting a kate spade baby bag... but, now, you see everyone carrying a kate spade (and the recent designs are a little...um, pedestrian) - my kate spade baby bag gave up and shied away from all the attention and is recuperating in the closet. 

1 comment:

Inspira said...

I sooo agree - the designs these days are not too nice though I am hoping my current KS diaper bag will last me another 2 years. I hope it's not too wishful thinking.