Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the heart finds its morning and is refreshed

baby shower 3

{Marnie's cupcakes with tiny bears and horseshoes}

My two lovely friends, Elaine and Marnie, threw me a surprise baby shower(!) I have to admit that my type-A personality is a little averse to surprises. Then, there are good surprises and there are bad surprises. This is a good surprise.

The little-black-book secret of being pregnant is the fear of becoming a naggy momma and wife and becoming unloveable. It's catch-22, two sides of a coin: while trying to become a kick-ass mom, I can lose sight and become hard on myself and (okay) sometimes, hard on the people (okay, person... okay, my husband) around me. So, the baby shower was a good surprise - my friends did this for me. And over and over in my mind, while enjoying all the attention, I kept telling myself, "Remember this, remember the colors, the effort, the love. My friends did this for... me (?)" I don't know how I deserve all the love, all the generosity and Marnie is pregnant too. And then, it occured to me. It's not about me.

It's about my friends. The largesse they showed. It's all them. And I'm very blessed to have them in my life. And I'm very blessed to have my husband to be one of the partners in crime (though the flowers and the decor, he had no part in them :) ).

So, thank you. Thank you Marnie, thank you Elaine for showing me so much joy, thank you Meraj and Rhys for the support and the pictures, thank you Evelyn, thank you Serene and BB for showing up and keeping all under wraps. And thank you Eric, for not showing that you'd been stressing all day till the final hour and for showing me what love is.


baby shower 2

{Konyaku jelly made by Elaine, chartreuse and orange dendrobiums and decorated bottles of water by Marnie}

baby shower

{nonya kuehs (local snacks), scones and sandwiches - yummy!}

for more pictures - click here.

"And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." ~ Kahlil Gibran

No comments: