Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

onboard

cruisoe

onboard De Majesteit

our closet came on monday (it's wednesday night now), and we have lots of packing, unpacking and then packing to do. christian has been at my mom's since monday. according to my mom, he hasn't missed us YET. It's good that the kid is so portable. My neighbor's renovating, which means that afternoon naps are near impossible at mi casa. So we decided to pack christian up and a camping he would go. i suspect my mom's secretly delirious that she gets to live in her own home for a full week.

so, the latest news is that we got a maid. i was kinda against it but eric wanted to save his sanity (what with a baby coming and the "terrible twos" looming large, he's trying not to freak out). so i relented - and i suppose it's a good 5th year anniversary gift (my "consent", not the maid, sicko). i've been stressing about this impending change in our lives. i mean, c'mon, a stranger is coming to live with us. and me being the ever-private me, i like my cocoon/shell/well/cave private. anyway, to make room for the maid, we had to rearrange stuff, which explains the packing/unpacking/packing ("pup").

in a way, it was cathartic - the "pup", the nesting hormones that accompanied my previous pregnancy are rearing their heads and nodding them in unison. it's good to have eric onboard with the house stuff. so it's just the two of us, and cinnamon and it feels like what it had been like when we were expecting christian. me with my stretched-out belly, nesting, worrywort eric and whiny cinnamon.

i've also been bugging eric to get a live christmas tree (live because how on earth are we going to pack away a fake tree in this tiny apartment?). i want a charlie-brown tree and i bet christian will enjoy it when he returns. eric's eye is on the ball however, and the opportunist in him says that we'll get the tree when I and he finish the "pup". the carrot worked of course - i've been busting my ass trying to pack/unpack/pack.

speaking of being onboard, my colleague Joseph has recently sent over some pictures he took in Rotterdam. It was a dinner cruise, onboard De Majesteit . It was my mom's first trip to Europe and i'm glad the pictures turned out really nice - again, i had forgotten my camera that day.

4 comments:

mini said...

Good luck with the packing :) and then the tree!

sky said...

thanks :D packing almost done... now the tree...

mini said...

yay good work!!

show pics of the tree when it's done!

Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hi